freetds - Re: [freetds] Problems with FreeTDS and Lotus Domino on SLES10SP1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problems with FreeTDS and Lotus Domino on SLES10SP1
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:02:32 +0100

Il giorno gio, 13/11/2008 alle 15.13 +0100, Nicole Hähnel ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to use unixODBC and FreeTDS 0.82 to read and write to
> MSSQL 2005 databases.
> The connection works and we can read and write data to the database
> using LSX ODBC classes from LotusScript.
> (Connection tested with dctest from Lotus Domino)

Good

> The first problem are datetime fields which were interpreted as
> "undefined" fields in the Lotus Domino agent.

?? Perhaps Lotus Domino does not support date from ODBC ??

> The only way to write date and time to this datetime fields in the
> database is without the predefined LotusScript class "result.UpdateRow"
> and with the normal sql UPDATE query.

Perhaps an ODBC trace would help. Do perhaps Lotus use ODBC 3 and bind
with ODBC 2 types??

> The second problem are the german umlauts (ä,ö,ü). They were read as
> ASCII 127 and can not be interpreted.

It's not clear to me here did you read data. From a file and then stored
in db or id db data correct and you get character 127 ??

Configuration is ok

Regards
Frediano Ziglio