freetds - [freetds] Create a shell to get data from SQL Server using FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: dmarrer AT bci.cl
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Create a shell to get data from SQL Server using FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:43:57 -0300

Hi guys

I new in Unix and FreeTDS and need your help.

I install FreeTDS 0.82 to connect to SQL Server using the default install:

./configure -prefix=mypath
make
make install

Then I configure my freetds.conf like this:

# MyServer
[MyServer]
host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

I test the connection with tds and the result is OK

# tsql -S myServer -U user -P password
locale is "C C C C C C"
locale charset is "roman8"
1>

Now I want to create a shell that connect to SQL Server using FreeTDS and
write result data in a text file

How I write this shell? Which libraries I have to use?

I need install unixOdbc to use libtdsodbc.so library or I can create the
shell using only FreeTDS?

Thanks

Daymel