freetds - [freetds] return value of the stored procedure for MSSQL 2005 server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "nitin sayare" <nitinsayare AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] return value of the stored procedure for MSSQL 2005 server
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:39:53 +0530

Hi All,

I am using FreeTDS 0.62 (TDS version 8.0) and unixODBC 2.2.12 on RH
Linux 3.4.6.

I am using SQLProcedureColumns API to retrieve the metadata of the
parameters and return value of the stored procedure. This works fine for
MSSQL server 2000. But, when I am trying to retrieve the same for MSSQL
2005, I am getting the metadata for all the parameters of stored procedure
except for the return value of the Stored procedure. Hence, I am unable to
obtain the return value of the stored procedure.

Or Simply How can I retrieve the return value of the stored procedure (in
MSSQL 2005 ) using freetds 0.62 ?

Thanks in advance
nitinsayare

  • [freetds] return value of the stored procedure for MSSQL 2005 server, nitin sayare, 09/30/2008