freetds - [freetds] One row good, two rows "memory exhausted"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Bird <markabird AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] One row good, two rows "memory exhausted"
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:55:27 +0000

Hello everyone,

I have set up PHP on linux and need to connect to a SQL Server 2000 server.
I've installed FreeTDS version 0.82, PHP is able to make a connection to the
database successfully, and, if I try to execute a query (using mssql_query)
to get a recordset that returns only one record I am successful. However, if
I try to return any more than one record, I get the dreaded "Allowed memory
size of 134217728 bytes exhausted" error.

Here is my PHP configuration info: http://38.98.125.33/index.php

and here you can see the test page that throws the error:
http://38.98.125.33/dbtest.php

Note that I have the default PHP maximum memory setting of 128 MB. Also, I've
seen on the internet that this error often occurs when there are text fields
being returned by the query, but there are no text fields in the table I'm
querying here. In freetds.conf I have set tds version = 8.0 for this
connection.

Thanks for taking a look, let me know there's any more information I can give.

Mark