freetds - Re: [freetds] Antwort: Re: Crazy FreeTDS/PHP/Apache Problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Antwort: Re: Crazy FreeTDS/PHP/Apache Problem
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:17:45 -0400

Markus Jung wrote:
> Maybe I made it not clear enough, I had the problems with 0.82 and
> solved them by
> using 0.64. So my remedy was to downgrade.

You were clear enough. I'm saying something else: 0.82 absolutely works.
It definitely connects and sends queries and gets results and works with
Apache. If it didn't work for you, it *might* be a bug (something I'd
want to fix), but more likely it's a just mistake in your setup.

IMO it's worth your time to install 0.82 and get it working. Along the
way you'll solve whatever's wrong with your 0.64 installation. That's my
advice.

Regarding your specific issue, not begin able to connect within Apache, is
1433 the right port? Are you sure the account running Apache can read
freetds.conf?

It's not a question of Solaris or compilation options. The fact that tsql
works assures you of that.

HTH.