freetds - [freetds] cannot change query state from IDLE to PENDING

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Huffman, Scott B." <scottb.huffman AT firstdata.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] cannot change query state from IDLE to PENDING
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:00:02 -0400

I've searched high and low for this issue but have not found it.

I have ruby on rails running on Suse connect to Microsoft Sql Server
2005 via unixOdbc/FreeTDS (freetds-0.82.dev.20080707).

I am intermittently getting "(util.c:110):logic error: cannot change
query state from IDLE to PENDING" errors. It seems that under high
load, I'm clicking links as if I'm playing wack-a-mole, eventually a
query is attempted before FreeTDS is ready for it.

Is this an issue that has been dealt with?

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.