freetds - [freetds] Free TDS compiled ok but I can't connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Tozier <kentozier AT comcast.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Free TDS compiled ok but I can't connect
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 02:43:05 -0400

Hi

I downloaded FreeTDS today and configured and installed with the following

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --enable-msdblib --with- tdsver=8.0
make
sudo make install

Next I opened the freetds.conf file and edited the default MSSQL setup to read (from memory)

[PMXDB]
host = <name>.<domain>.com
port = 1433
user = <user>
tds version = 8.0

Then I tried to do the tsql connect tests using

Which yeilds the following error:

Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server , Line 0
Login failed for user '<user>'.
Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server

Running /usr/local/freetds/bin/tsql -C yeilds

locale is "C"
locale charset is "646"
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.62.dev.20030804
MS db-lib source compatibility: yes
Sybase binary compatibility: no
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 8.0
iODBC: yes
unixodbc: no

The thing is, I know for a fact that the host and user are valid so why can't I connect?

Any help appreciated