freetds - [freetds] RES: Adaptive Server connection failed (Php + freetds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Frederick William Borges Pohl" <frederick.pohl AT oi.net.br>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RES: Adaptive Server connection failed (Php + freetds)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:59:24 -0300

James

My ./;tsql -C command gave me the following result:

Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
Version: freetds v0.82
freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/freetds/etc
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: no
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: no

Looking at my freetds.conf, I have the following entry

[MyServer2k]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
host = 10.10.192.6
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

If I run TDSVER=7.0 ./tsql -H <ip_addr> -p 1433 -U <username> I don´t get any
error message, just a "1>" prompt:

locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Password:
1>

If I change the tds version parameter to 7.0 on the freetds.conf and run
tsql, I get the same error as before:

./tsql -S <ip_name> -U <user_name>

Msg 20009, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist
There was a problem connecting to the server

Since I´m not using the -H parameter, tsql should read the freetds.conf file
which I already specified the tds version to 7.0

Do I have to refresh, rebuild or restart something to validate the changes
made to the freetds.conf ?

One other question is regarding freetds version. I have the same system
running with 0.64 version and I was thinking of installing this older version
instead of 0.82.
Is there a repository where I can download older versions?

Thank You,

Fred Pohl