freetds - Re: [freetds] NTBSTRINGBIND in dbgetnull?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] NTBSTRINGBIND in dbgetnull?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:26:43 -0400

Reid, Roger L. wrote:
> We had an app break with 0.82. We worked around it, but I'm trying to
> figure out if it's an issue in dbgetnull, or if there's something up
> with our app. It's worked for years with various Sybase dblibs, and
> then FreeTDS's up to 0.63 - but sometimes long standing "working bugs"
> get broken by a new release of something or other.
>
> dbbind (dbproc, i+1, NTBSTRINGBIND, MAXFIELD
> , how == MANY ? (BYTE *)databuf[i] : (BYTE *)tmpbuf[i]);
>
> I don't think any values are interesting here but NTBSTRINGBIND
> (maxfield is 256, databuf[i] and tmpbuf[i] are both pointers to
> char[MAXFIELD+1])

Please try the attached patch (generated from CVS HEAD).

I haven't tested it, but at this late hour it sure seems like a simple
fix. If it works, I'll commit it.

The final switch in dbsetnull() should handle NTBSTRINGBIND in some way.
That it's missing altogether looks like an oversight.

Thanks for the problem report. HTH.

Regards,