freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS/DBD::Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Goldstein, Ian" <ian.goldstein AT wachovia.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS/DBD::Sybase
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:11:06 -0400

I was looking for some advice....
I've successfully compiled FreeTDS, and recompiled my DBD::Sybase and
stuck it in a private library.
Every thing is working great, I was able to add an entry to my
freetds.conf file and create a script that queried my SQL Server and
Sybase server.

So now I was playing around. I moved freetds to a new location and
found that it broke unless I set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH ( No big deal).

Here is the big question. I accidentally removed my private copy of
DBD::Sybase, yet everything worked, so Do I really need to compile DBD
against FreeTDS or is it sufficient to simply ensure that my freetds
libraries are first in my search path.

Thanks

Ian

  • [freetds] FreeTDS/DBD::Sybase, Goldstein, Ian, 06/05/2008