freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP/FreeTDS on Itanium2 and RHEL 5.1 without recompile

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas, Christopher (LLU)" <cwthomas AT llu.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP/FreeTDS on Itanium2 and RHEL 5.1 without recompile
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:32:44 -0700

Hello,

In the EPEL repo, there is the 0.64 version of FreeTDS. I don't know if
there is a pre compiled one for Itatium2. If not, you can always
download the 0.82 tar from the FreeTDS website. There is a spec file
inside so, you can use rpmbuild on the tar. Once FreeTDS is installed,
you can install the php-mssql rpm from the EPEL repo. If there isn't a
pre compiled version, you can get the php-extras source rpm from the
same repo, and do an rpmbuild.

Make sure you installed the dependencies like php-devel, unixODBC, and
others or the installs and rpmbuilds won't complete.

Chris