freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 44

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jason <networkadmin AT emarket2.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 44
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:33:07 +0100

At 20:47 28/05/2008, you wrote:
Hi Jason,

You give me too much credit. I literally don't know where to start.

:) no problem.

Are you saying the code for php_mssql.dll is included in the source
distribution for PHP? Is the file ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.c?

My (somewhat limited) understanding is that the code for the DLL is in the ext/mssql folder as the only difference is what tds library the extension links against.

I scanned README.WIN32-BUILD-SYSTEM. What options are you passing to
configure.js. What error messages are you seeing from the compiler when
you invoke nmake?

No options on the "nmake" command itself, but the configure command looks like this:

D:\PHPWIN32\php-5.2.5>cscript configure.js --with-dblib --with-extra-includes=ext\dblib

I'm not going to actually build it for you, but I might be able to help
you decypher what's happening.

Fair enough, I appreciate the help!

Here's the error that stops the compile (there are several previous warnings about types being redefined - but those don't seem to be stopping things:

main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2065: 'phpext_dblib_ptr' : undeclared identifier
main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Jason