freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 42

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jason <networkadmin AT emarket2.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 42
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:10:31 +0100

Hi James,

The extension (when building on Win32) is actually the php_mssql.dll extension, but you specify a make option which changes the build to compile against dblib rather than the MS SQL libraries.

The make configuration option is "--with-dblib". This turns php_mssql.dll into php_dblib.dll during the build.

HTH
Jason

At 17:02 28/05/2008, you wrote:
Jason wrote:

> I need to obtain a Win32 copy of the php_dblib.dll extension file for
> PHP 5.2.6 and was wondering if anyone on this list has a working
> build of PHP 5.2.6 and FreeTDS 0.82?
>
> I have not managed to get a build of the dblib extension to work (and
> can't seem to get a response from the extension's owner for help) so
> I'm trying here. I can compile the rest of PHP, just not the dblib
> extension.

I don't think I even found the source code for php_dblib.dll. I
downloaded the source tarball for the PHP 5.2 snapshot, which included
"pdo_dblib", but I doubt that's the right thing.

Can you tell me where it is, and what errors you're encountering? If
Frank's too busy atm, perhaps we can cobble together a little README.PHP,
which I could post alongside the FreeTDS release tarball.