freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.82 RELEASED

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Johnny C. Lam" <jlam AT pkgsrc.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.82 RELEASED
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:30:37 -0400

James K. Lowden wrote:
Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>> the only remaining issue we have is some minor problem with
installing the documentation in a non-default directory

I'm not sure I understand. When I run "make install", everything winds up
where it should. What configure option isn't being followed? Or is it
something else?

The problem only occurs if you try to install the documentation in a non-default directory. The following are the relevant parts of doc/Makefile.am:

DOCDIR = doc/freetds-$(VERSION)
TARGET_DOCDIR = $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/$(DOCDIR)

nobase_data_DATA = $(DOCDIR)/reference/index.html \
$(DOCDIR)/userguide/index.htm

"nobase_data_DATA" is the wrong variable to use here because those files are ultimately installed (along with the rest of the documentation) by the custom "install-data-local" target in doc/Makefile.am. Use "noinst_DATA" instead so that the files aren't installed by any standard target. I've tested this change to work using:

make install TARGET_DOCDIR=/usr/local/share/doc/freetds

With this change, I no longer get the following additional files:

/usr/local/share/doc/freetds-0.82/reference/index.html
/usr/local/share/doc/freetds-0.82/userguide/index.htm

Cheers,

-- Johnny C. Lam