freetds - Re: [freetds] Want to use fast forward cursors (SQL_CO_FFO) and MARS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Want to use fast forward cursors (SQL_CO_FFO) and MARS
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:24:31 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> Where to define these constants? Should we create
> a tdsodbcss.h header?? Or should we install it as odbcss.h??

Hi Freddy,

Oh, goodie! A chance to offer an opinion!

I don't like tdsodbcss.h because

#include "odbcss.h"

doesn't work.

We should call it odbcss.h. It should use identical names and values.

> should we install this header or not??

Yes. Anyone installing FreeTDS alongside Microsoft's libraries already
deals with duplicate header and library names.

The version of odbcss.h on my machine defines 360 symbolic constants. Our
file should define only those symbols implemented by the FreeTDS ODBC
driver.

Regards,