freetds - Re: [freetds] Output parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gunther Van Butsele" <gvb AT velleman.be>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Output parameters
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:02:48 +0200

I thought about that, but the stored procedure doesn't return any data,
and passing the result from mssql_execute to mssql_fetch_array throws an
error (invalid result id, the normal stuff).

This is the stored procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_web_WebsiteEnabled@WebsiteID INT, @Enabled TINYINT
OUTPUT AS
SET @Enabled = CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT *
FROM WebsiteDivision wd (NOLOCK)
WHERE wd.Website_ID = @WebsiteID
AND wd.SalesordersAllowed = 1)
THEN 1
ELSE 0
END
GO

Note that the same *does* work on another live server, but we haven't
yet figured out what the difference between the two servers is that
might cause output parameters to not get filled up.

Profiler shows a query where the result is returned correctly (SELECT
@P1, where @P1 represents @Enabled passed to the stored procedure).
Somehow the value from SELECT @P1 doesn't make it back to my PHP
variable $canLogin.

Kind regards,