freetds - Re: [freetds] parameters missing in RC 64 Bits

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: ichudov AT chudov.com, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] parameters missing in RC 64 Bits
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:55:50 -0400

Igor Chudov wrote:
> Ubuntu Hardy uses a different odbc.h where some types have been
> redefined for 64 bit.

Ah. We're talking 64-bit ODBC. You want to be nice to Frediano. ;-)

> > Do all src/ctlib/unittests work? Many of them rely on column
> > metadata, and rpc_ct_param.c tests output parameters. If they pass,
> > we at least can say ct-lib works as expected. Not right,
> > necessasrily, but as expected.
>
> I will give this a try, what do I need to download and compile?

Since it's ODBC we want to test:

1. Find the PWD file and edit it to describe your server, database,
username, and password.

2. cd src/odbc/unittests && nohup make check || more nohup.out

If some tests fail, we have a place to start. If they all pass, we also
have a place to start, just further away from the goal.

HTH.