freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL_SUCCESS_WITH[out]_INFO in ODBC lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL_SUCCESS_WITH[out]_INFO in ODBC lib
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:11:54 -0400

Nathan Bird wrote:
> Reading data in chunks with SQLGetData if the buffer is not long enough
> for the value to copy, it should fill the buffer, and return
> SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO, along with setting the StrLen_or_IndPtr to point
> at the how much data is available. At least according to
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library//ms715441.aspx [1] the info
> should be "01004" to indicate the string is right truncated-- this isn't
>
> being set right now.

The attached patch implements the change you suggest, along with a few
cosmetic changes.

I committed the change to to CVS HEAD. I'll apply it to 0.82 before it's
released unless Frediano sees a problem.

(My compliments, if I may, on a fine problem report. Thanks.)

> I ran into a problem recently where trying to read data through the ODBC
>
> lib gave me a number of problems, updating to 0.82RC4 fixed most of
> them....

Very good to hear, too.

> From my searching this was the most definitive source for ODBC spec
> I could find

That's what I use. I figure ODBC for SQL Server is whatever Microsoft
says it is, standard or no.

Regards,