freetds - [freetds] CONFIGURE ERROR: cannot run C compiled programs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Joe Lushinski <joe.lushinski AT corp.aol.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Joe Lushinski <Joe.Lushinski AT corp.aol.com>
  • Subject: [freetds] CONFIGURE ERROR: cannot run C compiled programs
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:34:17 -0400

Hi All,

I'm trying to install FreeTDS on Mac OS 10.4 on a MacBook Pro (intel cpu)

I installed all the DevTools from Apple to get the compiles and other utilities.

I get the following error when trying to CONFIGURE a MAKEFILE for the first time:

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

The CONFIG.LOG file does contain a little more info, but I don't know what to make of it. Can you help be decipher this:

configure:2517: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2523: ./a.out
./configure: line 1: 1493 Bus error ./$ac_file
configure:2526: $? = 138
configure:2535: error: cannot run C compiled programs.

  • [freetds] CONFIGURE ERROR: cannot run C compiled programs, Joe Lushinski, 04/04/2008