freetds - [freetds] XA Transactions / Sending raw TDS packets through ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Laurence Rowe <l AT lrowe.co.uk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] XA Transactions / Sending raw TDS packets through ODBC
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:39:03 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to implement XA transaction support for pyodbc and have got quite a long way by using the XA helper stored procedures in the dll supplied with the microsoft jdbc driver. Unfortunately, though I can successfully control the XA transactions through the stored procedures I am unable to enlist a connection into a transaction with the returned cookie. It does seem though that jtds has code to do this from java.

So my question is, how can I send a raw TDS packet through the ODBC interface? It seems the packets are very simple[1].

Laurence

[1] See lines 530-600 at http://jtds.cvs.sourceforge.net/jtds/jtds/src/java/net/sourceforge/jtds/jdbc/TdsCore70.java?view=markup