freetds - [freetds] Migrating code from HPUX to Windows.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Garudappa, Gangegowda (iGATE)" <gangegowda.garudappa AT rbc.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Migrating code from HPUX to Windows.
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:54:06 +0530

We are migrating one of the legacy Unix application to Windows VS .Net
environment.
We are planning to use freeTDS8.2/6.4 and we have downloaded it. But we
did not see any options for compiling/building freeTDS application on
Win 2003 Server using VS .NET.

We would like to know the following,

1) Are there already a database stubs/libraries/functions available in
Microsoft/Visual Studio(VC++) for connecting and performing database
operations on Sybase database running on Solaris box.

2) Is it possible to use existing HPUX open-client libraries on Windows
side to perform Sybase database operations running on Solaris box. The
Unix application is compiled using 'cc' with all the sybase libraries.
Is it possible to use the Unix database related libraries to customize
our application.

3)What are the essential things are required from freeTDS for connecting
to a database server running on Solaris machine.

4) How to compile/build freeTDS in MS-VS .Net 2005 environment.

5) How to integrate/customize our application with freeTDS.

We are running on below platform,
1. The database will be running on : Sybase ASE 12.5
Sparc/Solaris2.8
2. The application runs and connects to database from : Windows
2003 Server Visual Studio with .Net 2005 environment using VC++
Please correct us if we are missing anything here because this is the
first time we are trying to do this.
Please let us know if there is any alternative mechanism or different
open source code/libraries available to implement the same.
We are running on below platform,
1. The database will be running on : Sybase ASE 12.5
Sparc/Solaris2.8
2. The application runs and connects to database from : Windows
2003 Server Visual Studio with .Net 2005 environment using VC++
Thanks in advance.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed and may be privileged and confidential.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive This e-mail
in error, please advise immediately and delete the original message.
This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and the
sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the
message.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot?g?. L'exp?diteur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des
renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les)
destinataire(s) d?sign?(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
imm?diatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.

End of FreeTDS Digest, Vol 62, Issue 5
**************************************

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may be privileged and confidential.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you receive This e-mail in
error, please advise immediately and delete the original message.
This message may have been altered without your or our knowledge and the
sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the
message.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements
qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s)
est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement,
par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.