freetds - Re: [freetds] TDS Version problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robin Smith" <Robin AT ndigital.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] TDS Version problem
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:27:43 -0500

> sp_cursorfetch don't like 0 as nrows... I agree.
>
> sp_cursorfetch is issued in _SQLFetch called by SQLExtendedFetch which
> override (corretcly) row numbers (stmt->ard->header.sql_desc_array_size
> in SQLFetch) with stmt->sql_rowset_size. The problem is that
> stmt->sql_rowset_size is initialized as SQL_BIND_BY_COLUMN while should
> be initialized with 1... I think also that stmt->sql_rowset_size cannot
> be <1.
>
> I think that replacing
>
> /* is not the same of using APD sql_desc_bind_type */
> stmt->sql_rowset_size = SQL_BIND_BY_COLUMN;
>
> with
>
> stmt->sql_rowset_size = 1;
>
> should fix the problem (I know, comment remove is not necessary... but
> it's wrong :) )
I made the change you suggested in my odbc.c and recompiled/reinstalled and
voila! the problem appears to be fixed. I'll do some more testing with a few
other things but, so far so good!

If this is a bug or something that needs changing in FreetDS, what do I need
to do to get this in the pipeline for the project as a whole? I'd like to
know that when the next version comes out, this is fixed for me. (Esp. since
I am running an RC). I am "new" to this side of things but want to do the
right thing for the project as a whole instead of just take my solution and
run.

Thanks

Robin

> Here is too late to test this issue... good night!
>
> freddy77

> --

-----------------------
Robin Smith