freetds - [freetds] Patch to fix nasty HP-UX problem (was TSQL error - connect error: Not owner)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Patch to fix nasty HP-UX problem (was TSQL error - connect error: Not owner)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:18:49 +0100

> > Hi Freddy,
> > Thanks for the quick replies. I've sent you my socket.h
> > to your private email address.
> > OS information is -
> >
> > HP-UX hpmachine B.11.11 U 9000/800 107414685 unlimited-user
> > licenseRegards,
> > Mike
> >

> I found this
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/verdiff.cgi?r1=7.16.2&r2=CVS

Trying to fix problem with HP-UX (only occurring with 64 bit systems) I
wrote the attached patch (still not applied), I also added this file

$ cat include/tdssockets.h
#if HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
# if defined(__hpux) && defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED)
# undef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
# include <sys/socket.h>
# define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1
# else
# include <sys/socket.h>
# endif
#endif /* HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H */

How the patch work. It define a new SOCKLEN_T macro witch is the correct
socklen_t; correct means that is the type used by BSD socket functions
not just socklen_t even if available. The include is used instead of
copy-pasting every time all lines just to fix a problem occurring only
with HP-UX. Note that M4 macro changed cause correct type is always
tested. Part of the patch is backported from James work on conditional
compile improvements in CVS HEAD.

Currently patch works under Linux and HP-UX 11.00 (at least tsql my
cross compiler is broken and seg fault compiling HP-UX code :( )