freetds - [freetds] Need help on TDS RPC request format

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sandesh Sawant <sandeshvsawant AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Need help on TDS RPC request format
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:27:16 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am working on TDS 8 and wanted to know the format of the RPC request. I
went through the FAQ and read http://www.freetds.org/tds.html but felt some
details were missing in the RPC format. I also tried looking into source code
using doxygen a bit but could not figure it out... Could someone update it if
anyone has got more visibility of the specs? I am basically interested in
capturing the query text embedded inside the sp_prepexec procedure call. So I
need to know at what offset the query length is stored and at what offset the
query starts and if the query text is always in unicode format.

Also I am looking for any data about TDS 9 packet formats mainly query
requests and responses. I used wireshark for analyzing TDS 8 traffic but
looks like wireshark does not fully decode TDS or SQL 9 is always using
encryption by default. I am posting on the list for first time so please
excuse in violations.

Thanks in advance,
Sandesh

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

  • [freetds] Need help on TDS RPC request format, Sandesh Sawant, 11/28/2007