freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib problems
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:01:40 -0500

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> I compiled our tests with Sybase libraries and this test do not works
> (output mixed with ltrace attached).
>
> t0002 t0008 buffer handling is different
> t0016 create table error?? why ??
> t0021 dbsafestr give error, our not
> bcp perhaps we use some extensions
> timeout Sybase library broken or is our test??
> hang Sybase library broken

This is very helpful stuff!

If you can see how to fix t0002 and t0008, go ahead. I re-wrote that code
without knowing much about that functionality. I never use it, and I
never linked the tests to Sybase or Microsoft libraries. ISTR there's a
difference in 0- or 1-based offsets.

I couldn't tell what's going on with t0016.

With bcp, we're probably defining a vartype that Sybase doesn't define.
We can take it out of the test, or make it subject to servertype. Simlar
to NULL SYBBIT.

I couldn't tell what happened with the timeut test. It looked sort of OK
to me.

--jkl

  • [freetds] dblib problems, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 11/27/2007
    • Re: [freetds] dblib problems, James K. Lowden, 11/27/2007