freetds - [freetds] Choosing right FreeTDS API

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sharan Rao <sharanrao AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Choosing right FreeTDS API
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:19:56 +0530

Hi,

 We ( Kexi - http://www.kexi-project.org ) were looking at implementing
drivers to connect to MS SQL servers. We have our own C++ abstraction layer
for implementing drivers ( current support for MySQL, Postgres to name a
few ), with support for cursors in our abstraction. We were looking at db-lib
but we don't really need cursor support at that level.
 So we were thinking whether we should instead use the lower level libtds
api.
Our requirement is to also have support for the newest mssql and sybase
versions, and access to their new features would be a bonus.

We needed suggestion as to which API we should use.

Cheers!
 Sharan Rao