freetds - [freetds] bcp and isql on OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] bcp and isql on OS X
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 01:49:54 -0500

Surely someone on this list will help me get bcp to work on a Mac? I had
this working a year ago, but after a machine crash and a reinstall, I
can't seem to remember the magic incantation or even find the
documentation.

I have the Sybase tools set up on my Mac. I defined SYBASE, but when I
run isql, I get this:

$ isql

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5. Check
the environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Cannot access file
/Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/config/objectid.dat
An error occurred when attempting to allocate localization-related
structures.

The Utilities Guide sent me to:

$ dscp

The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization
files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure

Your sybase home directory is /Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5. Check
the environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Cannot access file
/Applications/Sybase/System/OCS-12_5/config/objectid.dat

DSCP initialization failed

at which point I decided I need basic help and would ask a kind soul.

isql is on the path because I put symbolic links to the Sybase utilities
in /usr/local/bin.

Many thanks.

--jkl

  • [freetds] bcp and isql on OS X, James K. Lowden, 11/21/2007