freetds - [freetds] Sybase 12.0 inconsistencies

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marien, Mike" <MMarien AT gwsmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Mail List (freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase 12.0 inconsistencies
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:30:48 -0400

Greetings List,

I need to apologize, I sent out an email earlier in the week having
troubles. After doing a lot more research and trouble-shooting, I believe I
90% better than I was.

What one of my issues now is that we have two Sybase servers. Both are
version 12, and both are relatively identical. There apparently is one
difference, which is what I am emailing in again.

On our development database, PHP with FreeTDS is able to query TEXT fields
fine, the results come back without an problems. On our production
database, the same query to a TEXT field causes a segmentation fault.

My Sr Unix admin, my VP of IT, my DBA and myself are all a little confused
about this, and my VP suggested I email everyone here back with this
information for suggestions.

Thank you,
Mike