freetds - [freetds] Apache 2.2.3 Segmentation Faults

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marien, Mike" <MMarien AT gwsmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Mail List (freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Apache 2.2.3 Segmentation Faults
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:08:34 -0400

Greetings List,

This is my first time subscribing, and I needed to turn to you all for help,
as I am officially lost. :)

System:
RHELv5 (2.6.18-8.el5)
Apache 2.2.3 (x86_64 rpm)
PHP 5.1.6 (./configure --with-aspx2=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds)
FreeTDS 0.64

I am new to my current position, and am moving an in-house program from an
old Solaris box to a new RHELv5 machine. What I have narrowed my problem
down to, is Sybase TEXT fields causing a Segmentation Fault with Apache.
FreeTDS is working fine, and I can do basic queries to the DB using tsql AND
PHP, but when I go to include a TEXT field in the query, the PHP page goes
blank, and I record a seg-fault.

Also interesting, was when I recompiled PHP using (./configure
--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds), I would get nothing, and the freetds.log
just grew exponentially until the server was shutdown. Easily tho, I would
have a 300mb log file in under a minute.

And again, my appologies if more information is needed. It's been one of
those things I have been banging my head against a wall with for a few days.
Any suggestions or help will always be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
--Mike

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:04 AM

  • [freetds] Apache 2.2.3 Segmentation Faults, Marien, Mike, 10/08/2007