freetds - Re: [freetds] sqsh & freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sqsh & freetds
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:07:37 -0400

Patrick Welche wrote:

It seems the blk_alloc() page of that manual has some explanation of
BLK_VERSION_* but it isn't clear what the differences are nor whether
they matter!

One difference I noticed with a "real" Sybase CT-Library application is that it was necessary to use at least CS_VERSION_125 and BLK_VERSION_125 to correctly bulk-copy long char/varchar columns over 255 characters. I don't know whether the same would be true in FreeTDS.

--
Cheers,
entropy