freetds - Re: [freetds] C/C++: Library usage in linux and windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Richard Krehbiel" <richard.krehbiel AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] C/C++: Library usage in linux and windows
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:58:58 -0400

The thing to do first is stop researching FreeTDS and start studying ODBC.

Google for C++ ODBC tutorials (but, frankly, I didn't see one I liked), or
get a book.

In Linux, install the unixODBC and unixODBC-devel packages (that's what
Fedora calls them). Whatever you've got for MS development will already
have ODBC stuff available.