freetds - [freetds] lib-ct and Visual C++, libcmt under Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sergey Semenyuk" <ssemenyuk AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] lib-ct and Visual C++, libcmt under Windows
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:37:57 -0400

Hi,

I came across and interesting problem after I have built lib-ct under
windows using VC Express 2005. My goal is to get working module DBD::Sybase
with freetds under windows. Everything looked okay before I actually read a
single row from a table, and the row contained date field. Perl was just
dying. I had libraries compiled with static runtime, so I wasn't getting
much information why, so after spending some time I've managed to trace the
issue to the function tds_convert_datetime, where it calls strftime, and
actually I saw that strftime causes the problem. Well, to make long story
short, libtds uses string that looks like "%b %e %Y ..." for default locale
format. VC strftime DOES NOT happen to support %e in the format, and using
it makes the whole thing generate GPE (0d). Isn't it nice? I've changed %e
to %d, and it did the job.

Well, this was merely to share some negative experience.

Sergey

  • [freetds] lib-ct and Visual C++, libcmt under Windows, Sergey Semenyuk, 08/27/2007