freetds - [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1729392 ] locale enhacements for ct-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply AT sourceforge.net>
  • To: noreply AT sourceforge.net
  • Subject: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1729392 ] locale enhacements for ct-lib
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:48:30 -0700

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by freddy77
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=1729392&group_id=33106

not just the latest update.
Category: ct-lib
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch contains support for:
cs_loc_alloc()
cs_loc_drop()

also cs_locale():
CS_SET and CS_GET for:
CS_LC_ALL (only when buffer = 0, CS_SET only)
CS_SYB_CHARSET, CS_SYB_LANG, CS_SYB_LANG_CHARSET

for CS_SYB_SORTORDER I do not know how to set this in the relevant tds
structure, so it's commented out for now.

also cs_con_props()
support for CS_SET and CS_GET for CS_LOC_PROP

with this patch you can successfully set the connection encoding and
language, however only separately with cs_locale; not with CS_LC_ALL, as I'm
not sure how to handle that.

I've tested all supported cases, also with valgrind for memory leaks.

It's working for me at least. I am not setting TDSCONNECTION.client_charset
however, only server_charset; I'm not sure if this could lead to errors or
not?

The patch was created from the cvs version of freetds using cvs patch -u

thanks,
David