freetds - Re: [freetds] Driver file for OpenVMS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Driver file for OpenVMS
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:08:22 -0500

At 4:08 PM -0500 6/15/07, James Horn wrote:
>What do you have (or do you have anything) in your freetds.conf?

I don't think you need one at all, though you can use one if you want. Be
sure to read the sections following this one in the user guide:

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/prepodbc.htm

and of course the troubleshooting guide:

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcdiagnose.htm

If you are still having trouble connecting, I suggest using the logging
mechanisms available in unixODBC and/or FreeTDS, described here:

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/logging.htm#ENVIRONMENT

The only difference on VMS is that when it says to set an environment
variable, what you need to do is define a logical name, for example:

$ define TDSDUMPCONFIG dev1:[dir1]tdsdumpconfig.log

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser