freetds - Re: [freetds] using freetds 0.64 with MS SQL 2005 with ssl encryption forced on at server results in query timeout error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] using freetds 0.64 with MS SQL 2005 with ssl encryption forced on at server results in query timeout error
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:18:05 -0400

Bob Hetzel wrote:
> I've tried a couple different snapshots but have been
> unable to compile them. The compile errors seem to start with...
> bsqlodbc.c:49:17: error: sql.h: No such file or directory
> bsqlodbc.c:50:20: error: sqlext.h: No such file or directory
> bsqlodbc.c:57: error: expected â)â before âhStmtâ
>
> Configure line used was...
>
> ./configure --disable-odbc --with-tdsver=8.0 --with-openssl

Thank you for posting this. We're nearing a release and this is the first
time anyone's reported this configure error.

I changed src/apps/Makefile.am to be sensitive to whether or not ODBC is
being built. If it's not, the bsqlodbc utility won't be built either
(because it can't be).

This change should solve the above problem and will be included in
tonight's 03:00 EDT snapshot. Let me know if not.

HTH.