freetds - Re: [freetds] dbsqlexec() never returns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbsqlexec() never returns
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:24:22 -0400

Perception Technologies Ltd wrote:
> I looked at the code, and saw what I thought could be several problems.
> So I made a few changes, and added some extra debugging, and installed
> the new version. We have not had a problem since (10 days now).
> Unfortunately, I am unable to ascertain which of the changes I made
> resolved the actual problem

Thank you for the patch. I haven't been able to look at it closely, but
on first review it looks like you may have defeated the 1-second timeout,
which defeats the dbsetinterrupt() support. Nonetheless, it's new code
and it's well possible the logic isn't quite right, and if nothing else
you've highlighted a problem.

I need unfettered daylight hours to work on something like this, which are
rare in the summertime. For now, I added it to TODO.

Expect to see it addressed before our next release. If you would, it
would be a great service to install the snapshot after I "fix" it, to see
if my interpretation of your patch actually corrects the problem you
first found.

Regards,