freetds - [freetds] Registering the ODBC Driver With unixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Denton <robert AT headsprout.com>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org, dbi-users AT perl.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Registering the ODBC Driver With unixODBC
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:08:32 -0400

Hi folks.

I am attempting to get freetds to work with unixODBC. I found this tutorial:

http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/FreeTDS.html

It calls for creating a file called tds.driver.template with the following lines:

[FreeTDS]
Description = v0.63 with protocol v8.0
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

However, I installed version .64-4 and the so is /usr/lib/ libtdsodbc.so.0 so I modified the tds.driver.template file accordingly.

Then, the tutorial has you run 'odbcinst -i -d -t /etc/ tds.driver.template

but then gives the error: odbcinst: Unknown option t

Is there a different way to associate the freetds driver with unixODBC? There doesn't seem to be a man page for odbcinst.

Robert