freetds - [freetds] Windows Question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Patrick Corbett" <pcorbe81 AT maine.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Windows Question
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:44:54 -0600

I was speaking ealier to Frank Kromann about using FreeTDS on a windows
machine with PHP in order to avoid an issue that limits data pulled from SQL
Server 2000 with PHP from a varchar field to 255 characters using
php_mssql.dll. Normally, I would use Kromann's php_dblib.dll to fix this,
but because apparently this library doesn't allow named instances for a
server name in the freetds.conf file, and because I have to connect to my
server with named instances (e.g., server\instance_name), I'm not sure what
I can do.

Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas to get this working?