freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS running very slow on new server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Magnus Palm" <Magnus.Palm AT hs.hj.se>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS running very slow on new server
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:07:34 +0200

Solved it finally.
One little row in the configuration was the reason that this script was
executing so slow.

If anyone of you stumble upon the same trouble, make sure the line

initial block size = 512

is

; initial block size = 512

cheers

/Magnus

>>> "Magnus Palm" <Magnus.Palm AT hs.hj.se> 2007-04-02 16:50:43 >>>
Hi!

Have this really annoying problem. Been using FreeTDS with PHP on Solaris for
quite some time now. Been working great.

But recently we got a new server and after installing everything I noticed
that it was running rather slow.

For example. Have a php-script that runs about 120 queries. This script takes
about 6 seconds to execute on the new server. On the old one the same script
took about 0,6 seconds.

Both machines run Solaris 9.

Have tried compiling FreeTDS by hand and installing FreeTDS using CSW
(pkg-get).

The old server was at ~90-100% cpu load and the new one is at ~15-20%.

Regards
Magnus Palm

Magnus Palm
Webbutvecklare