freetds - Re: [freetds] linking to libodbc in Xcode

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] linking to libodbc in Xcode
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:50:22 -0500

Daniel Fazekas wrote:
> in "other linker
> > flags" I put
> > "-liodbc". But I don't see that flag appear anywhere in the build
> > log,
> > and the executable complains:
> > $ build/Debug/bsqlodbc -S $S -U $U -P $P
> > ZeroLink: unknown symbol '_SQLAllocHandle'
> > Abort trap
>
> In Xcode, instead of doing that, try going to the project viewer
> window and add it into the first section in Groups & Files.

Thank you, Daniel. That did the trick, first time. I guess I could have
used the static library, instead?

> Don't forget to remove the -liconv you added to
> linker flags.

Wasn't necessary.

(By the way, that too should have worked, but only if
> you switched your project to Release, which doesn't have ZeroLink
> turned on like Debug does.)

That's the thing I don't get. The Zerolink option is turned off in the
Project's linker properties for both configurations, yet I get a message
from our friend Zerolink. Hmph.

Anyway, thanks again. I was able to run my test, not that it was very
satisfying, but that's another story.

Regards,