freetds - [freetds] US Daylight savings update in 2007

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Francis Fauteux" <ffauteux AT messagelabs.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] US Daylight savings update in 2007
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:02:55 -0500

Good day,

We are using FreeTDS with SQL relay to access MS SQL Server from a Red
Hat 8 machine. We need to upgrade our system in preparation of the US
daylight savings update of 2007
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylig
ht_saving_time
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylig
ht_saving_time> ).

I suspect that FreeTDS gathers time zone information (if any) from the
OS (/usr/share/zoneinfo, see http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm), but
I need confirmation before considering this issue classified.

Thanks for your input.

Francis