freetds - Re: [freetds] are varchar and nvarchar actually the same? [Was: hex(92), freeTDS and MS SQL]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Lapo Luchini <lapo AT lapo.it>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] are varchar and nvarchar actually the same? [Was: hex(92), freeTDS and MS SQL]
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:00:26 +0100

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> Mmm... you will find the question a bit strange but could you send me
> the 0.63 patch so I can "ufficialize" a bit more?

Sure.. I sent it to FreeBSD's databases/freetds port mantainer too [1];
I would have sent directly a request to upgrade to 0.64, but didn't have
enough time to properly test it at the time.

Anyway I did nothing strange, I got it directly from your CVS commit
[2], it applied cleanly to 0.63 sources (modulo a few lines translation,
but that was only a warning in "patch" output).

URL 1.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/107874
URL 2.
http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/freetds/freetds/src/tds/iconv.c?r1=1.128&r2=1.129