freetds - Re: [freetds] hex(92), freeTDS and MS SQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Lapo Luchini <lapo AT lapo.it>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] hex(92), freeTDS and MS SQL
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 03:02:05 +0100

James K. Lowden wrote:
> As I said at the top of this very long message, I think we both learned
> something. I just wish I like the answer better.

I don't seem to be able to put non-CP1252 characters in a nvarchar,
either. But I don't know if I want to be sure about that - for now I'm
avoiding the problem using entity-encoding (it's an HTML field).

(it seems to like the euro sign, but not smoe random japanese character,
e.g. watashi 0x79C1)

Too much late for that, maybe in the future I'll do some tests using the
log functionality of freetds...

Lapo