freetds - Re: [freetds] Question: configuration of FreeTDS 0.64 with unixODBC-2.2.12 to MS SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jan Lubbers" <jl75 AT xs4all.nl>
  • To: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • Cc: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Question: configuration of FreeTDS 0.64 with unixODBC-2.2.12 to MS SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:06:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I found the solutions to my problems.

1] On Windows XP, the standard exception in Windows Firewall for
MSSQLServer is set to 1443. This should be set to 1433.

2] On Windows 2000, there is a bug somewhere by which the port number for
SQL Server is not assigned. This can be detected with:
netstat -an

And can be corrected with:
svrnetcn

Solution:
1. Set the port number to a bogus number, e.g. 0. Then, stop and restart
SQL Server.
2. Set the port number to the correct number, i.e. 1433. Then, stop and
restart SQL Server.
Check again with netstat -an to verify that the port is now correctly
assigned.

Maybe this problem + solution can be added to one of the FAQs?

Everything works like a breeze now. I'm off the list for now. Thanks!

Kind regard,
Jan Lubbers