freetds - Re: [freetds] snapshot dumps core on RHEL ES release 3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] snapshot dumps core on RHEL ES release 3
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:56:18 -0500

Glenn, Chris wrote:
> The patch works great - thanks!

You're welcome. Thanks for raising the issue and sticking with the
program.

> I assume this will be in tonight's build?

Absolutely.

> Could the 'bcp' function be enhanced to show the actual number
> of rows copied in/out in each batch like Sybase's bcp? And don't show
> blank lines between each batch?

Hmm. I don't see why not. I think most of the work would be done in the
freebcp message handler. Good suggestion.

> The "rows affected" value always seems to be returned as -1.
> I've noticed this in my CT-Lib application which attempts to validate
> this value after executing an insert statement and expects to get 1.
> While attempting to hack in my own adjustment for the bcp enhancement
> request above, I changed the bcp.c routine to print out this value.
> My changes looked like;
> *rows_copied += tds->rows_affected;
> /* dbperror(dbproc, SYBEBBCI, 0); -- batch copied to server --
> */

I'm very confused. Your ct-lib application that uses src/dblib/bpc.c?
sqsh is a ct-lib application that reflects rows affected correctly.

I think you're telling me bcp.c seems not to be updating/returning the
rowcount properly when it's loading a file. That's worth looking into.

Regards,

--jkl

P.S. Chris, this is good feedback. I would like to make just one
netiquette request, though. I would ask you please not to top post,
because it lessens the value of your participation. Our discussion will
be archived for as long as there's an Internet, and anyone trying to
follow the thread will have a much easier time if they can read from top
to bottom. (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855,
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/ )