freetds - Re: [freetds] Having trouble doing a BULK INSERT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wes Gamble <weyus AT att.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Having trouble doing a BULK INSERT
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:55:33 -0600

I just found freebcp - is this the correct/only way to do bulk inserts using freetds?

Thanks,
Wes

Wes Gamble wrote:

All,

Mandriva Linux 10.x
freetds 0.64

I'm attempting to perform a BULK INSERT into a SQL Server table.
I created a table named "westest" with one column in it, that's a char(10).

The output that I get when I attempt to BULK INSERT a valid file that exists in the local directory is below - it's saying that the file doesn't exist. However, this file exists in the local directory with permissions set to 666.
Is there something I'm missing here - does freetds support the use of BULK INSERT?

Thanks,
Wes

================= Output of test ====================

[dusan@exmit2 lists]$ tsql -H DBServe -p 1433 -U webuser -P webusercb
locale is "en_US"
locale charset is "ISO-8859-1"
1> BULK INSERT dbo.westest FROM 'data'
2> go
Msg 4860, Level 16, State 1, Server DBSERVE, Line 1
Could not bulk insert. File 'data' does not exist.
1>

[dusan@exmit2 lists]$ cat data
jsdf
lkajdsf