freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase.so RPATH for DBD::Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Berry <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase.so RPATH for DBD::Sybase
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:44:14 -0800

On Monday, October 30, 2006, at 04:15PM, "Lowden, James K"
<james.k.lowden AT alliancebernstein.com> wrote:
>I want to add /usr/local to the Sybase.so RPATH.

Have you tried generating your Makefile with something like:

$ perl Makefile.PL LDDLFLAGS='-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib,-R/usr/local/lib -pthread
--whole-archive -shared -L/usr/pkg/lib'

which basically just pastes another -R option onto your $Config{lddlflags},
and, with a little luck, ends up putting it into your Makefile. I'm not in a
position to test that at the moment, but that's my reading of the docs, the
ones located at:

$ perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker