freetds - Re: [freetds] Multiple SQL Instances On One Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT jax01.payplus.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT jax01.payplus.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Multiple SQL Instances On One Server
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:31:37 -0400

Mark --

If you can get at Enterprise Manager there
is a Properties Option when you right-click
the SQL Server Instance.

Look at the bottom of the General Tab and
find the Network Configuration Button.

This will invoke the SQL Server Network Utility.

On the right, under Enabled Protocols, highlight
the TCP/IP Protocol and click properties.

The Default Port should be in there.

HTH.

-- kjh

Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
well if you have several instances of sql on the same server, they must
listen on different ports.
I usually ask my DBA for the port that a particular server listens on.

You need a seperate entry in freetds.conf for each instance.