freetds - Re: [freetds] [SPAM] - Re: OpenSSL, Sql Server 2000 - Email found in subject

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kurt Sheffer" <ksheffer AT chicagodatasolutions.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [SPAM] - Re: OpenSSL, Sql Server 2000 - Email found in subject
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:12:29 -0500

>I tried with snapshot and it give same problem. If I remember old
>mssql2k (that is not correctly patched versions) do not like tlsv1...
>
>You should solve with a fix like

(snip)
>(it enable SSLv3 and TLSv1, not only TLSv1)
>
>If it works as expected for you I'll commit into HEAD and 0.64 branch.
>
>freddy77

Sorry, no improvement. The server is fully patched. This must be new in
SP4, as I found a box that is still running SP3, and things work fine
over there.

On the SP4 boxes, the server just never sends a login token, and I never
see login succeeded or failed in the windows event log. The protocol for
encrypted login must have changed?

The patch on sourceforge
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=1431050&gr
oup_id=33106> seems to be related to this problem, but doesn't fix it.

-Kurt