freetds - Re: [freetds] Simple queries failing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Tozier <kentozier AT comcast.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Simple queries failing
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:48:52 -0400

Thanks for replying.

I figured out what the problem was. Turns out it was PHP related not FreeTDS.

Ken

On Sep 1, 2006, at 12:32 AM, jklowden AT schemamania.org wrote:

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 03:56:36PM +0000, kentozier AT comcast.net wrote:
Hi

I developed an application with MySQL and am now in the process of translating the queries to work with MSSQL but am having a terrible time trying to get even the simplest queries to work with freetds. For example, the following query works in MySQL (and even works with MSSQL if I use Aqua Data Studio) but fails when run through freetds
Are there some environment variables that would block such simple queries from working in freetds?

Please provide more information. Best would be a TDSDUMP log of your
results.

*All* queries work in FreeTDS, insofar as the library merely communicates your
query to the server and its results back to you.

Make sure you're actually connecting. Try your qeury with tsql, then look at
your result processing loop.

HTH.